View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 07:10 AM   #13
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
For me, it's because I'm a book hoarder who likes to re-read. I love the library--it was my safe/happy place as a child and I spent literally hours in there almost every day.

As an adult, however, I can afford to buy books now, and even before e-books were available I had mostly stopped using the library for myself. I would take my children at least once a week when they were younger, and they usually brought home a stack of books every time.

Now my daughter reads both on her Kindle/iPad and paper books, and my son mostly does audio books, with a sprinkling of paper thrown in. (he travels a lot for work, and listens to audio while he's driving and in hotel rooms). Neither of them use the library anymore either, as far as I know.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote