View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Just as an FYI, it won’t change your mind, you can now pass on a book when it becomes available to you and you don’t lose your place in line. One side benefit is that books become available faster than you’d expect, as people exercise the privilege; I see that especially in regard to audiobooks. I get it. Especially with longer ones, you might not have a lot of wiggle room to get it done if it’s not convenient to start it right away.
Good to know. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever decide to try the library again. Unfortunately that will likely involve another trip to the library to renew my card; since they seem to be a little too quick to auto-expire cards for lack of use in my opinion (but that's another story).

Quote:
Curious; you obviously don’t have to answer: Ohio has some of the biggest OverDrive libraries in the country. Is there any system of reciprocity where someone in the boonies (not saying you are) can access Cleveland, say?
Oh I definitely qualify as living in the boonies. But last I checked (which was admittedly quite a while ago) a membership at my local library entitled me to access two Ohio-based ebook consortiums. Neither of which were very impressive in terms of selection or interface. We were entitled to Hoopla, though. Which felt at least slightly worthwhile for a bit.

Quote:
Speaking personally, I’m in no hurry to read anything so long waitlists don’t bother me.
I'm in no real hurry either, to be honest. It's more that I'm a flibbertigibbet who will just as likely be wondering what it was about a particular book I jumped in line for that sounded even remotely interesting to me at the time. Yesterday Me is a horrible judge of what Today Me might like to read. Hence the pointlessness of TBR lists for me.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote