View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Congratulations!!

This is a very old dream come true. Though I had already the 0.9.8. ArchLinux version (collector edition), I uninstalled it to try the installer as root after reading the documentation...

It installed very easily.

Spoiler:

Code:
[roger@anterg Téléchargements]$ sudo ./Sigil-v0.9.8-Linux-x86_64.xz.run
[sudo] Mot de passe de roger : 
Verifying archive integrity...  100%   All good.
Uncompressing Sigil Installer  100%  
Continue with the installation of Sigil to /opt/sigil? (rerun the installer WITHOUT root privileges to install Sigil to your home directory) [y/N] y

Copying files to /opt/sigil ...

Creating link(s) ...
'/usr/bin/sigil' -> '/opt/sigil/sigil.sh'

Creating desktop and icon entries ...
'./app_icon_48.png' -> '/usr/share/pixmaps/sigil.png'
'./sigil.desktop' -> '/usr/share/applications/sigil.desktop'

Sigil installation complete.

After that, I could launch it directly using the terminal. I did not see the icon in the menu but it did appear in "Office" after rebooting (Restarting Cinnamon session would have been enough, I guess).

I have still to write the link to my old plugins directory, and switch to French GUI and EPUB3.

It was built with Qt 5.6.2.

Again. A huge thanks!!!

Last edited by roger64; 03-26-2017 at 10:39 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote