View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is why, as has been said so often before, it's a very good idea to remove the DRM from a book as soon as you buy it. Had you done that, loading your books onto your new Kindle would have involved no more than connected it to Calibre, selecting all your books, and saying "Send to device". Might be an idea to do this for the future!
The problem being that some of us can't figure out how to remove the DRM from an ebook. And of course it's against the rules for someone to post how to do it here at the forums. I've done the search for the addons (or whatever the term) for doing so and have never been able to figure out how to get things to work right. And being as questions require answers that can't be given in a forum (for legal reasons) I've been stuck not knowing what would be needed to correct whatever I myself did wrong while trying to remove DRM (for books that I own and that would be for my own personal use only of course).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote