View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #8
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
Probably a stupid question. But what does using 1.2 (no unit?) and 1.2em mean?
1.2 and 1.2em are the same, but 1.2 is the standard, and the "em" is not needed.

If the line-height is not included in the <body> selector (such as, in the .calibre CSS selector) or is not included in the paragraph class selectors, the line-height will not be standard (i.e., the lines will be too close together).

Everything I included in my response helps to keep the line-heights standard in all the epub files I convert and fixes several other things, such as, justifying the paragraphs, having standard indents of 1.2em, having no indents for chapter opening paragraphs, etc.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote