Thread: Windows 10
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 03:22 AM   #37
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zan5hin View Post
I am really at my wits end trying to find a decent app in the windows store that can open epubs and is nice to look at and works with Windows 10.

I have literally intalled 12 different ones, most of them were crap to use and a bunch just failed working properly at all with Windows 10.

The latest being fictionbookreader (and isn't it great how the Windows Store can't find this app because I tried searching for just "fiction"?)

Anyway, I associated all epubs with fictionbookreader and it says "book imports done. Do you want to open new books?" and I say yes, and then .... nothing.

I know it is developers and not Microsoft that need to make the effort, but even the Nook app, the latest comments say it is buggy with Windows 10.

Is there anything decent in the way of a Windows Store app for epub? I am actually prepared to pay for a decent one.
I gave up on metro-style epub readers when searching for one last year on my tablet (8.1). I just installed Calibre and use the reader that comes with that. It's not perfect, but it's the most perfect one I could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
The first time I used OneNote on the Surface it opened in the metro app as Read Only as I hadn't at that time activated my free office subscription.
OneNote is a free office application, you don't need any subscription. I find it odd that it was read-only for you... (I don't have any office products on my SP2, except OneNote for desktops)

About your question, where are your OneNote files stored? The metro app only reads them from OneDrive if I recall correctly.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote