View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #31
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post
Your (or mine) first draft might as well end up a spectacularly bad bastardized hybrid of your own original ideas. Whatever that means. At this point in history there's hardly a character, setting or plot turn that haven't been done multiple times before. It's how you spin it and whether or not it all comes together nicely.
But, yeah, I wouldn't worry about it before December. That's why first draft is often called sh***y draft: it's just a start.

I'd say, if you do lose your sleep, at least sit down and write
Yep. Books aren't written they're re-written. I don't think there is a writer anywhere who can just sit down and write out a story that doesn't need any editing to make it work well. I'd say it's not unlike a sculptor creating a statue. First he/she has to do the rough shaping of the statue (the 1st draft) and then they have to carve out the details and smooth the surface of the work (editing).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote