View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #10
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I quite like Windows 8. In what way do you find it to be "attrocious"?
The fact that programs you install in desktop mode don't communicate to their counterparts in tile mode, for instance. I would actually use the metro browsers if they at least synchronized their own bookmarks.
I don't quite see the point to the metro UI and go staight to desktop mode, so why not just let users select between the two interfaces, instead of having to deal with both? I would rather be asked in which mode I want to install a program, than have to install a Win7 program just to ensure it's in desktop mode where I want it. And taking away the start button was idiotic - I have to jump through hoops to find my stuff, and yes, I know I can install third party apps to give me back my start button, but I should not have to.

Also, they should have copied text input in tablet mode from iOS - the way Win8 goes about it is immature - actually less sophisticated than it was on my Pocket PC back in 2000

I do like the almost instant on and the fact that I have a full fledged PC I can use without a mouse or keyboard, at a not much larger package than my iPad, so I really like the hardware but I am quite frustrated with the OS.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote