View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #14
albertc
albertc began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650, LifeDrive
eBook Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker
I've been hearing all kinds of buzz about eReader, but I can't find any actual technical info on it, nor can I find any screenshots. What does thing thing do, that the others do not? (Besides embrace yet another proprietary file format with pay-only media)

Can someone give me a rundown of its day-to-day features, as compared to other similar products and projects? (TomeRaider, Plucker, iSilo, PalmReader)

Any screenshots out there?
Over at CanalPDA we use eReader for publishing our own e-books , because it's the only format we know that has native viewers for Palm OS, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Windows and Macintosh. We also like the reading features and the files are quite compact.

Regarding conversions, we mostly use eReader's own eBook Studio, good for most works, but with some annoying limitations, such as being unable to edit footnotes. When those are required, we revert to hard-coded PML. More about this at our eBook Studio review (in English for your pleasure).

(Alexander, we have never faced the big-file problem mentioned in your starting post)

(Hacker, eReader is the same format as PalmReader; I guess they switched names to avoid being pigeon-holed into Palm OS devices)

Regards.
albertc is offline   Reply With Quote