View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 04:55 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
When I read about the three device limit I replicated all my Dropbox content in pcloud, who happily give out multiple 10gb free ,one to each email you have.. it was simple to do, but I don't like their UI. I keep finding things that Dropbox does better after using them side by side. It's lots of little things, like Dropbox on android has an excellent built in text editor, pcloud has nothing comparable.. and adding stuff to Dropbox from my tablet is easier.
With all my devices, Dropbox syncs very fast and is very reliable...I can upload a gigabyte and not have to fret about will it ever get there... Which is what happens with big uploads to g drive and Amazon drive
I don't have any plans for new hardware purchases, so I can live with only having Dropbox on everything that is already set up. If they start to limit that though, I will look at making pcloud my main provider .

Alternatively could work around the three limit by having several different Dropbox accounts, each for a single purpose.e.g. an ebook Dropbox for calibre backup and moon reader sync? I only need that on three devices... A separate "gaming" Dropbox for game saves,, game guides , three is enough for that.... My reading devices are separate from my gaming devices...

Best outcome is that the backlash forces Dropbox to rethink, or to introduce a budget range .

Google one looks tempting for a family deal but it is confusing when you are already in other Google family products.e.g. can I run a Google one family AND still be part of my son in laws Google play music family?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote