View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #17
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post

Also, is there a way to find, before buying, if the book I want to buy is azw, aw1, or tpz? What's the difference between these formats?
Downloading the samples will show you. AZW is the default. AZW1/TPZ are different and allow for embedded fonts. The TPZ books I've seen so far look like they were scanned in and had marks and such like you would see when photocopying.

The other way to tell before purchasing that I've seen is:

When browsing on Amazon site using your PC, if the description of the ebook contains both page numbers AND file size, it is usually AZW. If it does not contain file size information, only lists page numbers, then it is usually AZW1/TPZ. This does not work when searching from the Kindle itself on the Amazon store and the info doesn't seem to get listed.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote