View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Why text becomes bold?

I want to change the size of the subheading. All is nice until 109%, but as soon as I enter 110% or anything bigger, subheading will be bold. Why?

Code in the css:
Code:
.calibre24 {
    font-size: 109%;
    text-indent:0em;
    text-align:center;
    margin-bottom: 1em;
    margin-left: 3em;
    margin-right: 3em;
    margin-top: 0em
    }
and code in the main text:
Code:
<p class="calibre24">this is subheading</p>

Just made another experiment - when I add font-weight:bold, then the text is much bolder, whatever the size.
So it's not real bold, but just looks bolder than main text both in Sigil and in Calibre viewer.

It's totally mystifying. Does it mean I can't get big thin characters? Seems somehow wrong.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote