View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria0217 View Post
so I did what you said, I changed the epub's css file and everything, but after conversion, it still added a left margin of 1em in the Mobi file...why did it get added automatically?
You have 3 margins set at 5pt in your html that are additive.

First at the top of each page you have the margin that calibre sets based on your device setting.

@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }

Then in the css file itself you have various classes where the margins are set at 5pt. Two primary <body class="calibre3"> <p class="calibre4"> each of these add another 5pt for a total margin of 15pt.

Prior to conversion to mobi change every left and right margin in the css file to "0". This will leave just the @page margin (the one controlled by page setup under conversion settings) left for transfer.

I may be off but start with all of them at 0 in the css file and see what effect that has.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-29-2010 at 05:45 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote