View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #12
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Chris_Snow - for new 'books' I typically enter 8-13 cells (2 dates, 3 ints, some tag like strings, etc), so our perceptions are probably quite different.

Have you tried running 1.48.0 on the new box. If you install the 32bit version of 1.48, you'll be using the same libraries and configuration data as the 64bit 3.7. That should give you a feeling as to whether it's a Calibre or Windows issue.

BR
BetterRed - 1.48 is on the to do list. I've been using Calibre for the last hour. Something definitely funky is going on.

AnotherCat
- I turned both off, but still haven't done any testing. Other things are running currently on the machine that makes a reboot at this point sometime away.

I really want to get to the bottom of this.

How do you make Calibre refresh your whole library?

While I installed and setup Calibre 3.7 as a fresh install, my library came across complete, including the original DB file. I'm thinking of a complete refresh and rebuild the db from scratch - well...rebuild the files using the current opf files.

I also want to look at my wife's machine - also 64bit calibre, but an ealier version (not sure what number). I am certain this is NOT going on for her. She is busy using it currently
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote