View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I can not recreate this on Mac OS X either. All links are properly updated. I have been studying the split and merge code and it is reasonably complex using both regular expressions in some places as well as anchor updates throughout all xhtml files. Both the splitting and the updating of links use multiple threads to handle the updating more quickly and if split markers are put in more than one xhtml file at the same time, these two concurrent things could conceivably interfere where one is reading in from a file while the other is writing something to it. That said, the Qt Read/Write Locks should prevent this but I have no idea if these locks allow rentry by the same thread. Outside of that possibly non-existant issue, I can not see how updating can be skipped randomly.

So as DiapDealer said, if anyone can get this issue to happen in a repeatable manner, we should be able to "stomp" on it ;-)

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote