View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
My wife loves her HD2.

She practically is attached to the thing.

In comparison to my HDX, I would say it's a small step behind. The HD2 runs most games very well and streams videos well...ect. However, the HDX runs practically every game and I would say the quality of the graphics are better. Overall I think the HDX display is a bit nicer but not stunningly different. It might be my ears but the sound on the HDX seem better as well but I think they have the same hardware.
Yep I carry mine everywhere too.

The HDX sounds isn't as loud as the HD2. I had to stick all 3 of them in case to amplified the sound from it. I don't have to do that with the HD2.

For example playing let's say Bon Jovi's Livin' on Prayer I have to have all three HDXs at max to hear it in the other room. Not so on the HD2 at even the half way point I can hear it even upstairs. Once I put it in the same case the HD2 doesn't even need to be at half way. It's LOUD. I also found the HDX sound to be more Tinny till I put it in a case which added Bass to it. I don't believe this to be flaw but marketing Amazon wants to sell the Origami case which is suppose to amplify the sound and make it sound like a theater. I did have that case and I can say Poetic Case does a better job on amplifying and adding bass.

The HDX is quad core so it should run anything. The HD2 is dual core so it will run most of the popular games like Angry Birds, Candy Crush Saga...etc The HDX display on movies and games are better but that blue border depending on your unit may or may not show up. On HDX 1 it didn't but on HDX 3 it showed up on everything! So the HDX should win in Movies and Games because of better hardware.

If the HDX 7 didn't use blue LEDs it would be an awesome tablet. I've attached a pic of HDX 1 which was the best and most less obtrusive border. The other 2 where way worse that I didn't bother to try to take a pic they each went back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-20 22.40.55.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	116453  
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote