View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Word Macro: Footnotes to inline text ?

I know that we've got some level 100 Word ninjas on this forum, with far better macro skills than I have (I haven't mastered this ninja art in its most basic form yet).

A common thing that I need to do while pre-processing e-books is to transform footnotes into inline text. A footnote in Word is actually separated into 2 different things:
  • the footnote mark
  • the text of the footnote
I'd like to replace the mark and get something like <span class="footnote">Text</span>. This mean that I would have to iterate through footnotes, grab the text and replace the mark with the text.

Any one with enough Word macro ninja skills to help me on this one ? I really need to level up, but I'm kinda stuck with this one
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote