View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Arrow

I only buy non-DRM because I consider it's a violation of my personal freedom and there are good books to choose from other authors. (although I do occationally look in envy at books I would have liked, but choose not to buy).

Device migration is the most common occurance for me, but I'm disgusted to learn that some publishers has protected books against using the built-in voice synthesiser in the Kindle because it might cause lost sales of audio-books. The idea that a publisher, once a book has been purchased, is allowed to dictate how you read it is revolting. With non-DRM books you can even print out a few pages on paper to read while taking a bath.

I did buy a few books once from mobipocket , thankfully some awesome guy on the internet developed a script to strip them of the protection ... now I'm not forced to read those on my Nokia phone or PC, but can read them on my Sony PRS-600. I'll be able to transfer those books to my upcomming Kindle as well

(If you look at fictionwise.com , you can easily find non-drm books under Multiformat, and there's plenty of good tips for places to get books elsewhere in this forum)
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote