View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Wikipedia Optimized for mobile devices

There are a number of solutions for viewing Wikipedia from mobile devices, either connected or unconnected. One I've not heard of before is a mobile Wikipedia for connected devices. "Apparently you're getting all of the regular Wiki-goodness, including links both inside and outside the site- it's only the multimedia and editing functions that are left out for bandwidth's sake." Not sure how it compares to Wapipedia.

A few other options for reading the Wikipedia on mobile devices include Quickipedia or by RSS feed or TomeRaider or a Plucker version (in the works?) or Wapedia or German Wikipedia for Mobipocket or Wikipedia on your iPod. I'm sure there are more.

One of the current problems is that most people have 1gig cards available, and the size is growing to and past that boundary. I'm not sure of the size of the above solutions, or when they were last updated, but even an older version to fit on a 1gig card is a pretty amazing option. Especially considering that 1gig cards are often showing deals in the $30-$40 range.

From EngadgetMobile.