View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Another way to get such a list that might work for you depending on what you are doing is quickview. Click in the author cell you are interested in and press Q. A window will open with all the authors for that book on the left, and all the books by the selected author on the right. This is a non-modal window that stays on top of the calibre window, so you can use it and the calibre main window at the same time. For example, if you double-click on a book in the quickview window the selection will change in the calibre window. If you click on a book in the calibre window the contents of the quickview window will change to reflect the book you clicked on.

Quickview works for several columns such as authors, series, tags, publisher, and text-based custom columns. Click in the column you want to "quickview".
Chaley that is brilliant, I really like the way the main list follows the quick view - is it in the manual

Maybe Quickview-able column names could be indicated (Italics maybe) and maybe the column name context menu could have a Quickview Current option if appropriate.

I have difficulty seeing which cell in the 'spreadsheet' is current (something to think about) and I don't like clicking on a cell and being thrown into edit mode when that's not what I want - I could tweak that feature off and limit myself to F2 - if I could find the tweak.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-10-2013 at 05:11 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote