View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Tickety Boo
Highway mysteries
Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tickety Boo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Smile Reader/writer from Vancouver area

Wow! I just got my Kindle at the end of July and it's opened up a whole new world for me! I used to be a member of the Compuserve forums way back in the early 90's - seems so much longer ago than it really is! I'm looking forward to connecting with other mystery readers and writers online again.

I have just had an ebook published on Amazon (and also through Smashwords I expect it will be provided through other distribution channels - currently available through cheap-reads.com) that I first completed in 1995 and have revised a few times since then. In the late 90's I did a workshop with Elizabeth George at the Book Passage in Marin County, Calif. where I learned a lot. Attended a few Bouchercons in the 90's as well, but kind of drifted away and got caught up in the other passion of my life - horses. Farms are very time consuming, even if they're just hobbies!

My novel is the first in a series of traditional mysteries featuring a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Police detective turned long-haul trucker named Hunter Rayne. It's called Slow Curve on the Coquihalla. Love to hear back from anyone who might read it.

As far as reading goes, I read mostly mysteries/crime novels and my favorite authors are John Lescroart, Michael Connelly, John Grisham, Elizabeth George & Martha Grimes - am currently enjoying one by Richard Barre (Blackheart Highway) but these are all pre-ebook experiences!

I look forward to meeting new friends and maybe connecting with old ones.

Ruth Donald
Tickety Boo Farm
Langley, BC
Tickety Boo is offline   Reply With Quote