View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #1818
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
...and The Martian is on sale again, $2.99 in the US if you're one of the seventeen people who hasn't read it yet.

Amazon.com
Google Play
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Raises hand. Make that 16 people now; I just bought it. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
See you in a few days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Still 17 if you bought it and haven't read it yet!
[Had to finish another set of books I was in; I had just started the first three-book set of Anne McCaffrey's PERN series, thanks to a free paperback of the first section. Think I'll stop at 3; that was enough Pern.]

So now I've finished THE MARTIAN. Holey cow, guys, you didn't tell me this thing was a tear-jerker!!! I hope I'm not the only reader who was in tears whenever they switched to the Earth-bound viewpoint. The Martian's viewpoint was sciencey and humorous. But Earth POV just put me in tears the whole time.

Anybody else? Or am I weird?

So yeah, great book.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote