Thread: K5 JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #1840
aizykr8
Junior Member
aizykr8 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2017
Device: Paperwhite 3
I did exactly the steps in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1795

Elendiar said he got it to work on the same device/firmware but didn't say how he did it.

It seems as though editing values in /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar does absolutely nothing on my end. I tried even setting the margins all to "0" such as:

Code:
ldc_w "font.wordsperline.margin.list"
aastore
dup
iconst_3
newarray int
iconst_1
dup
pop2
dup
iconst_0
ldc_w 0
invokestatic com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/resources/ReaderResources_en_GB/pixVal(F)I
iastore
dup
iconst_1
dup_x2
ldc_w 0
invokestatic com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/resources/ReaderResources_en_GB/pixVal(F)I
iastore
dup
iconst_2
ldc_w 0
Just to see if the editing was doing anything, and it didn't.

And yes, I made sure to add the file back to the .jar and then replace it on the Kindle, then rebooted, then switched the margins in the options menu.
aizykr8 is offline   Reply With Quote