View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #53
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
AFAIK, Kim is translating the works--and he's perfectly within his rights to copyright that work. What he does with the formatting, I can't say nor speak to, but translations are always, in the US, at least, entitled to their own copyright.
Well, some of them. Of course I don't translate danish to danish, even if it sometimes feel like it, transcribing from more or less complete 1800's blackletter prints. But anyway, of course I only claim rights for whatever endorsements I do - annotations, editiorial work - and the translations. Derivative work does not (and of course should not) alter the copyright status of the original work.

But now we're going way of on a tangent ... again

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote