View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
As to the assumption that I did something to the files is just that AN ASSUMPTION.
True, but when you complain about how calibre names its private files, and state that you would prefer that it follow your preferences in naming them, it's a reasonable assumption that you're interacting with those files. Which, as I said, you shouldn't.

Covers are saved separately, I believe as .jpg files. If you can track them down, there's your errant covers. If your dead HD ate them, of course, you're back to retrieving/editing them.

As for Dropbox, I've been using it and so far it's been entirely private. I don't think I'd store credit card numbers there, but I have no worries about using it for books. If you want to try it, here's my referral link:
http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTgwODQwNDk5 (that gets us both some extra space).
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote