View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 03:23 PM   #22
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Kobo is not particularly successful in terms of even lighting.
6 inches is okay, 7 inches I do not know, 8 inches was only usable by me in landscape format.
That is not a good news. I've heard about it, but so far, I have only used Clara HD and the side lighting is ok. I will try to find some videos etc. on the net though.
Thank you for pointing this out!

I am not sure I would mind this much though. I don't know... I assume there is no way to do side lighting evenly on such a large screen.

I don't think I have many choices when it comes to more text on an e-reader screen.

I've researched the e-ink resolution and sadly we have a bottleneck at 300 PPI density. AFAIK no commercial device sports better density. That is why color resolution is so bad on e-readers. One color pixel requires three physical pixels and on a 300 PPI screen this gets us down to 100 PPI density of color display. That's not too good, but it's good to know

P

Last edited by pavelh; 06-25-2021 at 03:28 PM.
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote