Thread: Old FAQ posts
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I have books on my device that don’t show up in CC. How do I fix this?

You can ask Calibre Companion to scan the folders where it puts books. Click on the menu button, select settings, then "Scan for books on connect" to check the box. The next time you connect, CC will do the scan and add any new books to its database.

Notes:

1) CC does not add books to your calibre library. It does check if the book matches an existing book in your library, and if it does CC will download that book's metadata. If the book CC found does not match a book in your library,the metadata for that book in CC will likely be incorrect because it is coming from the book itself.

2) Calibre Companion does not look in folders other than the ones for formats/extensions selected in its "Book formats and folders" dialog. CC also looks only for the formats that it is willing to put in that folder. For example, If mobi and epub files are going into two different folders, CC will not scan for .mobi files in the epub folder and vice versa. If you are in this situation then you should either combine the folders or move the books to the right folder.

3) If you want to add the book(s) to your calibre library, connect as a wireless device and go to calibre's device view. Right-click on a book and either add the book to calibre's library or match the book with an existing book in calibre's library.

Last edited by chaley; 02-17-2014 at 12:58 PM.