View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #145
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
No, the actual words in the article were: "Apple had expected to order 19 million displays". It does not say that 19 million were originally ordered.
I already went over this with Murray and gave a comparable hypothetical analogy. It was a manner of speaking by the reporter. Hate to repeat things, but where else would the 19 million have come from?

I'll repeat the analogy too:

I called my local bakery last week Monday to order 20 pies for a party next week.
Two days later I call back and cut that amount to 10.
My baker tells his staff: "Pat had expected to order 20 pies for a party but cut that amount to 10."

Sounds perfectly fine to me.

Quote:
He hasn't given a new estimate, but indicated that the value might be lower.
Exactly! Two things there: the word "might" and the fact he never gave a revised estimate for Q4 2012.

Quote:
Ignoring the fact that he said that his theory is that the ramp was too much to sustain.
Actually, he never said it was "his" theory. He was throwing it out as a possible theory. He never makes a clear statement as to what he himself believes the actual reason or reasons are for the cuts.

Also, how does my statement you are referring to ignore that theory? My statement is consistent with that theory.

Quote:
No, I pointed out the part that was missing.
And what part was that? When you said: "... one would expect a shortage of devices if the demand would have been underestimated?"

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 01-19-2013 at 07:41 PM.