View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
I won't be able to release it until I finish writing the new updater system. It doesn't seem like there's much interest in this, so I may put it off for a while.
Really? What gives you that idea? This is a new thread and already has almost 600 views. And your previous Touch jailbreak thread has over 85K views. You had similar feelings about donations from the Kindle Support Team before I started that thread.

Or... it is just the "updater system" that you are referring to? By "updater system", do you a method to install new hacks? If so, it would be nice to have some kind of organized method to keep collections of hacks from needing tweaking to coexist on a kindle. As it is, we can have folder and file name conflicts, and even launchpad hotkey definition conflicts, where hacks can fight over who gets to use a particular definiton. Perhaps we need a "central registry" thread where people can reserve a set of hotkeys and an installation folder for their hack, not to be hijacked by later different hacks. Or, is that just hoping for too much on my part?

Regarding a lack of interest (in general), you are not alone. A lot of "lurkers" are following you, waiting anxiously on your progress. People are busy this time of year, but there are people studying your code.

In my case, I have only had my Touch for one day, and I am gathering resources. I prefer starting at the "bare metal" and building upon a firm foundation. Until I write eInk driver replacements, the lowest level I am using at this point is the framebuffer and /proc/ files.

What we are going to need here is a clean API definition so the code us low-level guys write can cleanly interface the the high-level GUI code.

And, please don't feel so all alone here. There is a LOT more interest in your progress than you think. You have a large fan base.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-19-2011 at 10:58 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote