View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Katash
Katash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Get List Of Books On Device - V.Slow

Hello,

I have a new Kindle Fire HD (16Gb) and have used Calibre (0.9.5) to send 2700ish .mobi books to the device. Problem is whenever I plug in the device Calibre will take ages (about 10-20 mins) getting a list of books on the device.

I have read quite a few old posts where people have had this problem but I understand Calibre now caches metadata on the device and should now not be an issue, nevertheless I have still tried what was recommended (disable metadata read) and it has not helped.

The problem seems to be that calibre is creating the file 'metadata.calibre' in the root directory of the device which seems correct and when I plug the Kindle in it goes into 'Get list of books on device' mode - BUT it searches through seemingly every android file before it stumbles upon metadata.calibre, once this file gets found the process ends.

If I close calibre then reopen it without unplugging the device it will drastically cut the discovery time down to about 8 seconds, but if I physically unplug the device then reconnect, Calibre will feel the need to spend 10-20 mins finding all my OS files for me before it stumbles upon metadata.calibre.

Is there any fix for this? To me it seems that Calibre needs to specifically look for metadata.calibre before anything else.

Thanks in advance.
Katash is offline   Reply With Quote