View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #37
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
I have the 20120717 version of the firmware running on my i62HD.

I've tried to use a stylus from the Sony PRS-950SC which has the same touch screen technology and the screen appears to barely recognize the presence of the stylus. It appears the software driver is configured to recognize only large objects such as fingers and not thinner objects such as a stylus.

In handwriting mode the stylus is recognized for a short period of time so you get a partial line and then the screen stops recognizing the stylus probably thinking it is invalid input.

Using a stylus is necessary in order to be able to place highlighting accurately and for the handwriting features of the i62HD.

Please let me know how I can go about getting this corrected.
Hi,

the IR Multi Touch technology of i62HD was developed to scan for thicker objects (like your finger e.g.) near of the screen. Just imagine a net of invisible IR rays near of the screen surface. Here you can see the the size of the raster of the IR LEDs:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...8&d=1343923212
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1343923220
(black zig-zag)

Boox is just calculating coordinates of your fingers based on interrupted rays.

Just try out a pen, which is similar to a finger

Last edited by Booxtor; 08-10-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote