View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #22
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Anything by Shirley Jackson - but esp. The Lottery and The Haunting of Hill House.
The Haunting of Hill House is right up there for me, as is a lot of Lovecraft's better works. The Amityville Horror was another case of the right story at the right time. I was alone in the house, reading late at night. I was in the middle of the creepy scene with all the flies, and the wind rattled my bedroom window. Scared the heck out of me.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote