View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #55
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I had asked a question earlier to which I received no response:

Does Sony receive a fee from all the copycats? It depends on what patent applications they filed for the technology on the PRS-x50 devices combining infared technology for tounch screen.
Sorry, your original post just sounded to vague, so I didn't reply. I bit the second time.

I don't know much about patents, but I would assume the company that Sony is licensing the touch screen tech from would be more likely to have the applicable patents. Just a WAG. Then again, Sony has been in the ereader business longer then B&N and Kobo, so maybe they have some other patents up their sleeve. My guess is any licensing issues wouldn't be resolved quick enough to save Sony if they were having problems in the ereader space (another WAG).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote