View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #286
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
First off, you grossly underestimate the time and effort to produce a professional quality ebook. It's not just a case of scan, it's also a case of editing the result to catch all the scan errors and formatting.
Got some numbers? I've only done one from scratch book for myself and suspect I spent more attention to detail than many (in that I went page by page through the original after also doing a spelling and editing pass) and it took about 17 hours. So I'd be curious about the time it takes a professional conversion service with a set workflow, and likely better equipment, when compared to someone doing it their first time on the fly.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote