View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #1671
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt". ie trying to claim the existence of imaginary problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
FUD is fear, uncertainty and doubt and term first applied by Amdahl when referencing a tactic used by IBM to discredit the Amdahl computers that were IBM compatible.
Thanks, you're never too old to learn anything new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Well, I'll let you guys know (although, I think that this is now way OT for this particular thread) what I think of 8.1 when I see it. I finally (only 3 years of dithering) ordered the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga (as opposed to the Yoga 3 Pro), and it has 8.1. {shrug}. If it really irks me, I'll config it back to a 7-type look, but I'm hoping that the usability of the Yoga as a bigger touch-tablet will force me to really find out just how good/bad 8.1 truly is.

I should have the TY in a few days (it's my Bday gift from over a year ago, LOL!). We tend ot keep our equipment a long time--our current Thinkpad is 10+ years old--so I hope it's a keeper.
I didn't care for Windows 8 when I first saw it. And I'm still not certain I would want it (in its current form) on my PC. But I absolutely love it on our TV (windows 8.1 media center) and my tablets. It really shines there, and you can see it's designed around touchscreens (ok, our TV isn't touch screen, but we've a touchpad mouse thingie...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote