View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsxhwyy View Post
I found that data.tar.gz method is not working. When I rebooted into diags, I found data.tar.gz is still alive. Any possible reasons? Or my /var/local is full?
My data.tar.gz does put its payload in /var/local so if that was COMPLETELY full, extracting data.tar.gz would fail (and probably not get deleted after being extracted).

You can use fastboot to install the diags image with SSH preinstalled, the use a diags SSH shell to do:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K

That worked for multiple people recently (as seen above in previous posts).

So far, all the published jailbreaks write their payload to /var/local, which can fail when /var/local is full.

But I have a *secret* jailbreak method that does not use a payload. It just executes /mnt/us/RUNME.sh directly, but only when activated by a diags menu selection. I have been saving that for when other jailbreaks are disabled, but that is not so important know that we can just flash an *already jailbroken" partition image to the kindle.

Unless you have a HARDWARE problem, you can recover ANY kindle (touch or k4nt, so far) by erasing the /var/local partition and/or flashing the main and/or diags partitions with good copies (either "factory restored" images, or "selected hacks pre-installed" images).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-05-2012 at 10:13 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote