View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
dmbreakey
dmbreakey began at the beginning.

Device: Generic epub
That's exactly what I was concerned about; so the solution I'm using is the "best" one given the restrictions I'm working with. Thank you!

@theducks - you seem to be worried that I'm trying to run an instance and then have the database change out underneath it while it is running--I am very explicitly trying to avoid that, at all costs. Believe me, I know firsthand that if an application isn't designed to cope with that, you're just courting trouble. And I never found confirmation Calibre was designed to work that way, so assumed it wasn't.

I know I could use a remote Calibre instance running in a permanent content server mode but this setup I'm using is a holdover from when I had been using an alternative PHP-based OPDS catalog that backended into the Calibre DB (COPS, I believe, which I stopped using because I finally got Calibre Companion working properly).

I just haven't had the time to spare to investigate remastering this setup, and this solution has worked perfectly for me for quite a while.
dmbreakey is offline   Reply With Quote