View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Some degree of flash is inherent in the e-ink technology. Some readers only do it every four to eight page turns, some do it every page. I've found I don't notice it any more.

I see you have a Jetbook -that reader uses a different technology (reflective LCD) which allows a very quick page turn. Unfortunately, no current 6" reader uses that screen. I have a (very similar) Libre, and I think it is a very good reader with very good multi-format support. It is a little heavier because of the bigger battery required. If you are happy with the Jetbook, hang on to it and return the Kobo.

Just saw in another thread that your Jetbook died; I'm sorry about that. Still, you might be happier replacing it instead of moving to an e-ink display. And they are less expensive than all the others.

Last edited by pholy; 07-04-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: New info from other thread...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote