View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
It's true I love visiting BN and Borders and every week I spend hours there in the cafe with my son reading, playing, but I tend to bring our own books to read, and we buy food and drinks, sometimes games and sale books, but rarely new full price books.
You bring your own books to read at the bookstore?

...Anyway, the fact remains that the situation you describe is not new, and the publishers could have taken steps to make new book sales more attractive to consumers, and to gain better control over the older book market (instead of essentially writing off most older books as if they never existed), long ago. The publishers wasted their own opportunities, and let the used market walk right over them. It's pointless to blame the used market for being less myopic than the publishers.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote