View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #74
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
As long as we're having a discussion on this subject, I would have to say "no" to my books being distributed through a torrent site.

I make my books available specifically through MobileRead and wish to support MobileRead in their efforts to make available my "work" (if you will), in addition to making the work of so many other contributors available to members of this community. This has nothing to do with being a moderator. I would continue making books available for as long as I sensed they were welcome here, regardless of a percieved "status."

I would say that many of us are very proud of our work in assembling books made specifically for this site. Making the books available through another site through "torrenting" diffuses their worth in the eyes of this assembler.

We also run into legalities among some books, depending upon what country one is living in when downloading, and MobileRead - as a community - works very hard to maintain and observe those legal lines.

These are just my opinions.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote