View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #713
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
My Recent Listening:
  • A Dog Named Christmas by Greg Kincaid - short, easy, feel-good Christmas story. Not bad, especially if you are a dog lover.
  • The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens - (Audible freebie) Bailed. Didn't keep my attention.
  • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - I don't usually like war stories but this was excellent. Great performance, too. Read and listened to the last 25% because I was so into it.
  • Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin - (a 28-hour monstrosity) Was getting so confused listening to it and my mind kept drifting, so switched to reading at about 40%. Finished it but wish I hadn't. Think I'll skip the movie, too. Had some nice moments, beautiful descriptions, and some funny bits, but ending was a let down for me.
  • The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley - Another fun Flavia de Luce mystery. Blew through it in a few days.
  • A Man of His Own by Susan Wilson - Just started today. Enjoyed her previous books with dogs. If you're a dog lover, try them.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote