View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBuggie View Post
Ugh yeah, I don't even understand where some of the shelves are coming from, as I'm pretty sure I've deleted the books that were on them and reset my KT since.
They are coming from the Kobo server. When you sync with Kobo, the shelves are recorded. If you do a factory reset, the shelves are recreated from the server. Or if you have multiple devices, the sync on the second device will create the shelves from the first.

But there is a bug on the server. It is recreating shelves that have been deleted a long time ago. Kobo know about it and are working on it. I thought they had fixed it late last year, but it has happened since for a few people.
Quote:
However Calibre sorts that out, with the "delete empty bookshelves" option in the driver options.
That requires the bookshelves to be empty. When I have had the problem. most weren't.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote