View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jforner View Post
knc1 - Super... so that's it?
I have read the Readmes... but they don't say it that simply.

So now how do I access certain folders? This is where I'm lost.
Will it just show up as a drive on my Mac? One I can peruse?
Open a terminal on your Mac.
I am assuming OSx here -

The USBnetworking package provides an ssh server (Secure SHell).
The OpenSSH ssh client is part of your standard installation on a MAC.

man ssh
(The manual page for the client.)

Once both ends of the USB cable have been assigned an IP address - I.E: On both your Mac and the Kindle
Then the ssh client is what you will use to access your Kindle.
(of course, after starting the sshd service on the Kindle).

Search twobob's recent posts - he made one complete with pictures of how to setup the Mac end of the cable.
That one might even be in the index system now - it has had some recent updates.

How to setup the Kindle end (and how to start sshd a.k.a: Dropbear) is in the USBnetworking readme files.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote