View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I should add the disclaimer that I don't have a Nexus (sorry) so please if I've got this wrong above someone jump in and correct me. However, all four other Android devices in our household work this way.

Having said that, bringing things in from the cloud is often a better way of doing it than using a cable. Dropbox and Google Drive both work very well with Android devices. I used to use a cable a lot, but now I find that I simply open the relevant file from Dropbox and a local copy is made automatically.

Graham
There's an additional, even easier way for Nexus 7:
You can connect (more or less) any USB storage directly to the Nexus' Micro-USB-connector.
In Google Play, you find a Nexus 7 specific file handler: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aW1wb3J0ZXIiXQ..
Whether you connect any USB stick, harddrive or whatever mass storage you may have: You directly can process the files. No PC needed, only any standard USB-OTG-cable and some USB mass storage. And some files of course.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote