View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I have about the same opinions as you on the ones you mentioned, so here are some that I have enjoyed:
  • Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson (The Stormlight Archive is looking like it will be very good too, but with only one book published out of 10, it is hard to recommend at this point. At least he is "done" with the Jordan books now, so maybe he will work on it again.)
  • The Riftwar Saga by Raymond Feist. Although this universe has about 30 books, just reading the first, Magician (or split into Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master) is enough to get an idea and is a mostly complete story arc on its own. There are also several sub-series that comprise their own complete arcs.
  • Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson - this one is a bit grittier than the others. I have only read the first of this series, but many people really recommend it. I enjoyed the first book, but haven't found the time to work on #2. Too many other things to read.
  • David Eddings - either the Belgariad or the Elenium and then the follow-up series to either one.
  • RA Salvatore - Dark Elf and Icewind Dale trilogies are ones that I keep coming back to, possibly just because I grew up with them, beyond those I lose interest
  • Robin Hobbs - Farseer books
  • Ursula LeGuin - Wizard of Earthsea books. I love the first 3 especially.
  • LE Modesitt - The Recluce series, I love the first one the others are hit and miss, but overall are good.
  • Patrick Rothfuss - The Kingkiller Chronicles (not complete yet, but the first book is very good, the second a little less so, but big expectations for the last)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote