Thread: Lee Child
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #35
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Same here. My wife turned me on to the Reacher books because she heard that the weapons and tactics were so detailed and accurate.

I admire that even when Child is wrong, Reacher says it with such earnest confidence and authority that I'm willing to suspend disbelief.
Is it bad form to quote myself? Any the who, I just started listening to the second book, "Die Trying." Within the first few minutes the following things happen:

1. Reacher notices that the automatic that's being pointed at him has its safety off.
2. Reacher recognizes the gun as a Glock 17, a weapon he knows well.

The gun folks among us will immediately see what's wrong there.

I can only assume that whoever passed the info to my wife about Child's gun stuff being accurate was someone who was fooled by his level of detail. The "Dan Brown effect," as I like to call it.

Still enjoying the book, though. :-)

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 09-26-2012 at 08:24 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote