View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
Can you please tell me what "Template Error" message is on the right side of the Calibre GUI (see Attachment 1) its allways there??)
It means you have a custom column with an invalid template.
Eh where was the help"you never offered any?
Kovid was the only person to state exactly what the problem was. Any normal person would have plunged into the custom column area of preferences to see if they could discover what was going on. The only reason I stopped to render any assistance was because Kovid had already stated what the problem was.

Instead of accepting his help and maybe politely asking for some clarification, you chose to be rude, snarky and down right disrespectful.

Quote:
You jumped in to a forum where someone was already trying to give me assistance" then all you were really doing was talking down to someone you don't even know"
Stating the answer to your question is not talking down to you. If anything it is treating you with respect, assuming that you were a thinking adult that might just be able to move along once the problem area is pointed out. After all unless you pirated someone's library you had obviously already been in the custom column area creating a new column and messing with the template. There is no shame in still needing help after he pointed out the answer, but there is no excuse for you to act as a child.

Quote:
now you are writing personal insults and name calling, displaying exactly what you really are You didn't offer any help and you were never asked for it!
As pointed out above he did give you direct help and the fact that you posted a plea for assistance in the calibre forum is asking for help. You can't truly be so tone deaf as to not understand how childish you are being.

Quote:
The people above you were helping me" you were just being a snide, bombastic, little computer "Hermit"
No one above mentioned the cause of the template error you were asking about. I never would have stopped by if Kovid hadn't explicitly stated the answer to your problem.

It constantly amazes me how folks that come across as disrespectful, immature dolts are not only surprised that they get called out on this behavior but open their mouth a second time to confirm to all who may read this thread that in fact the first rude post wasn't taken out of context.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind personnel remarks you wrote that only go to highlight what I was saying above
How did you think he would respond to your childish outburst. He gave you a direct answer and you threw a tantrum.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-01-2012 at 07:05 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote