View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
khromov
Connoisseur
khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But have you tried without post processing just to see what happens?
Yes, the book is rendered without this problem if post processing is disabled, however, the book is rendered poorly thanks to the formatting being optimized for view on a screen, therefore I need to use post processing to make it work well on an e-reader.

Since this is happening over multiple tested html files, regarding of whether the <pre> tag is actually to blame I think the issue needs to be looked over to see if there is a problem with BeautifulSoup or other internal component of Calibre.

As for posting the actual file, I'm not sure if it would be allowed under site rules, but you can simply try saving this page as a html file and import it into Calibre to recreate the issue:
http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Gattaca.html
(Convert html -> mobi and enable any of the post-processing options to recreate issue.)
khromov is offline   Reply With Quote