View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Oh god. I hate you Stichawl. As a native NYCer, I was lucky enough to live in the pizza capital of the world. Now in HK, finding an authentic NYC-style slice is not quite mission impossible, but certainly not an easy task. Thanks for making me miss home...

I go between 2 extremes of crusts: "designer" pizza with uber thin, crunchy crusts baked in brick ovens and deliciously thick sicilian square slices covered in mozarella. There is a local joint in Flushing, Queens near where my folks live that I have been hitting for over 20 years. No idea what their secret is, but their sicilians are the best I have yet come across. Gotta be the cheese - indescribably delicious.

Close third place: those enormous incredible deep-dish Chicago style pizzas. I nearly passed out when I had my first in the Windy City. Awesome.

Toppings: Pretty much everything, except pineapples [I like my pizzas salty, thank you]. Jalapenos, suasage, pepperoni, mushrooms are staples for me. When in designer pizza joints, I gotta have prosciutto! NYC also has a ton of places doing theme slices: mexican toppings, ziti slices, buffalo style, you name it!

And of course....

CHICKEN!

Last edited by lestatar; 06-19-2011 at 01:37 AM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote