View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #71
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolbulduran View Post
osmn.mobi and Osmanlca Turkce Sozluk_86AC35DF.prc displays 131 instead of ı (instead of dotlessi)

all three of dictionaries you attached use s instead of ş (instead of scedilla)

I used the script in post #9 of that thread to correctly convert Turkish characters. Even with my conversion, Kindle DXG cannot display ş or ı or ğ (scedilla, dotlessi, gbreve) in instant-lookup display. There is no problem when using an ordinary dictionary.

On a Kindle 3 with 3.x firmare, my English - Turkish dictionary had no problem with special characters.

I am familiar with, and correcting Turkish character problems since Windows V3.0 with Adobe Type Manager (pre TTF era). There are special names for our Turkish Characters which Adobe gave:
ı : dotlessi
İ : Idotaccent
g: gbreve
s : scedilla
c : ccedilla
thanks for the advice.
hem yol olarak da gerçekten kısaymış. O şekilde bir tane çevirdim ve yukarıdaki gönderiye yükledim (osm-tr.mobi), deneyip yorumlarsan memnun olurum. (bana eng>turk değil de osm>turk lazım, eski dildeki metinleri okurken kullanmak için.)

Last edited by thomass; 05-12-2011 at 10:40 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote